Good morning. This past service was a real challenge to me in the area of discipleship. I hope these questions provide great opportunities for ministering and serving the people in your groups.
- Peter stated “Discipleship marries information and mission!” Is discipleship the responsibility of all Christ followers? If so, then how at present are we “discipling” and being discipled?
- How does being together help us in being honest about the fact that we are following someone? In other words, how does community keep me honest about who I am following (because we are all following someone)?
- What reaction do you have to the question “Can you say ‘follow me as I follow Christ?’”
- Why do you believe you have this reaction?
- What do the Scriptures say about your reaction?
- How is it possible to in faith say to someone “Follow me as I follow Christ?”
- Who is someone in your life at present that you can ask to follow you?
- It would not be unwise for us to believe that in a body as large as ours that there are specific opportunities to apply the truth in this text about fellow partners in the Gospel getting along. Take time in your group to see if God worked in anyone’s heart in this area. You could ask, “are there situations in which you need help getting along with another gospel partner (ex. Euodia and Synteche needed Paul to step in and tell someone else to help them)? If so, how can our Shepherding Group serve you?”